Valco Nordell Mk3 is the new portable Bluetooth solution. It is designed for use both outdoors and indoors. Because of its IPX7 water resistance, you may use it at home, at the office, or even in the shower. The Valco Nordell Mk3 contains six physical buttons for volume control, track skipping, voice assistant, incoming calls, and changing audio mode, as well as two status led lights for 3D sound and Bluetooth connection. During audio playback, the Bluetooth status led flashes blue.
- Power: 2 x 20W
- High quality stereo sound with surprisingly fast bass so small. These can be connected to the same audio source (TWS)
- Dimensions: 202.5 x 61 x 78mm
- Weight: Half a pound
- Essence: Extremely sturdy
- Surface materials: Silicone-like plastic & aluminum
- Waterproof: IPX7 Waterproof and dustproof
- Connections: True Wireless (TWS), Bluetooth 5.0 (distance approx. 10m in open terrain), AUX 3.5mm (cord included) and Micro SD
- Battery capacity: 5200mAh, supports fast charging, USB-C
- Battery life up to 15 hours on a single call at 50% volume, full at least 8 hours
- Hands-Free with
- SIRI and S -Voice supported
- LED power and charging indicators
- Frequency range: 80-20000 Hz
Get the full instructions manual here.
When you turn on the Nordell Mk3, you’ll hear a jingle effect that sounds like an engine starting. The Actions ATS2819 microcontroller chip is the “brain” of the Nordell Mk3 speaker, and it supports Bluetooth 5.0, SBC audio codec, and a range of up to 20 meters outdoors and 10 meters indoors.
A 3.5mm audio port and memory card slot are built-in to the back of the speaker and are protected by a thick rubber cover. In addition to wireless music, the Valco Nordell Mk3 speaker can play audio through an auxiliary cable connection and from a memory card. The fact that the Nordell Mk3 speaker is a stereo speaker with the drivers facing in the same direction limits its performance. The Nordell Mk3’s modest size is also a factor in getting 3D audio to function.
There is no audio cue or beep when moving from regular to 3D audio, however, the volume drops for a single second to indicate that you have entered a different audio mode. Because of the sealed earcup enclosure, the 3D sound function works better in headphones. Multiple speakers and/or multiple drivers (4 or more) facing different directions are required for 3D spatial sound to perform realistically on a Bluetooth speaker.
VALCO NORDELL MK3 REVIEWS
“The speaker plays _true_ loudly for its size, the sound is reproduced brightly. The bass isn’t insanely right now. I didn’t mind the difference in the 3D mod. The battery life of 8h after saunaing and swimming showed 60%. I think I’ll order another stereo that gets paired. I can’t help but recommend it, thank you.”
“With less than a day of experience, dare to recommend these. I compared the sound to similarly-sized speakers, these have a better sound. That 3D effect really seems to expand the world of sound, I thought it was a goofy hump at first. This widget supports 18W charging, so the battery should be fully charged relatively quickly. The battery life is not yet understood, time will tell.”